Friday, October 2, 2009

Thanks All ... Had a GREAT Day!

Thanks to all for the BD wishes! I suppose it is officially over ... but I'm drawing it out until bed.

I had a really great day! I did no housework ... and played with a couple of projects. Managed to finish off one sleeve of Mel's sweater and did a few more rounds on the body. I also did a section of a new special project that will eventually be a huge patterned piece (and won't be shared...sorry...until it is complete and ready for sale...yes it's that huge!). I love when things start to take the shape that I've mentally planned!

To cap off the day I'm plugged into "More '80s" ... Depeche Mode & Roxy Music ... they were two of my fave bands back then ... so awesome! ... and sipping a few BD beers!

Paul started a week of holidays today and had been planning a "fall colours"photographic / fishing trip up to Manitoulin Island (an annual event for him and a few buds) ... but when the weather forecast indicated rain ... rain ... & more rain ... well ... he just decided he wasn't up for camping in that ...so instead will head up to Mark's cottage for a few days...just to clear his head.

So ... for the first time in years he was actually here for my birthday and we decided to go to this fabulous place in Ajax called "Imperial Buffet". All-you-can-eat ... and man ... they have an awesome spread! Alaskan Crab, shrimp, mussels, calamari, sushi, Escargot Deluxe, ribs, General Tao Chicken (Tim's fave), Teriyaki Salmon, Grilled Sea Bass, and tons more ... desserts to die for ... and a whole island of fresh fruit! On weekends they have an awesome 6' chocolate fountain ... glad they didn't have it today ... that would have just done me in!

The best part ... ya get a free meal when it's your birthday!

Ohhhh ... I was soooo stuffed when we left. Came home & had to have a wee laydown to digest it all. Two hours later ... after a nap ... got up & back into my special project and more knitting.

So ya all in all a really great birthday!

PS ... Happy Belated BD to Pat Winter ... who enjoyed several tea parties on her 50th!
Glad you had such fun on your big day!

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a perfect day, and justly deserved it was too. Can't wait to see what the mystery project is.

Pat Winter said...

Well Happy Birthday to you! The buffet sounds fabulous! Sounds like you had a great time. You deserve it!
Birthday hugs and smiles,
Pat

Blog Archive