Friday, January 29, 2010

So...2 Years and 272 Blogs Later ...

Hi Everybody!

I'm actually late in posting for my 2nd Blogiversary ... but you know how life gets in the way!

This year started off rather depressing to be blunt ... so you'll have to forgive me for not being around regularly ... it just wasn't in me to post. Between the loss of Peter and Lexie and the awful disaster in Haiti ... I've not felt very social.

But ... it hasn't all been bad ... I do have a new nephew! Julian Tomasso Lepore arrived on January 11th! What a fabulous birthdate ...01/11/10 ! Am adding a pic of this li'l sweety...he looks so wise! I am looking forward to meeting him within the next few weeks ... and delivering his very own "binky"... to keep him warm.




















Well ... for my 2nd Blogiversary ... I did hint at a draw ... so let's get on with it!

Two years blogging ... wow ... who'd have thought?! I think that warrants two prizes instead of one!

So ... ladies & gentlemen ... let me tell you what I have in mind!

As I mentioned a wee while back ... I have been indulging in bead therapy. Ideas have been rampant! I don't quite know where they came from ... but all of a sudden ... with the New Year came a flood of ideas! 3-D ... no balls involved ... stand alone ornaments that are to ... well ... die for! I'm my own harshest critic ... and impressed!

And ... two of you will get to experience these first hand!

I'm currently deliberating on what course I wish to take these beauties ... pattern them ... or simply offer up originals for purchase by the masses?

They may be conducive to a magazine article ... but I think I'd prefer to "show" them in same ... then "share" the technique upon publication ... via an available pattern set then.

To get in on the draw ... all you need to do is tell me ... what you'd prefer. Would you be interested in a pattern set to create these by your own hand ... or would you prefer to simply purchase an original creation?

I'm asking this because ... I have to consider the amount of time I'd have to invest to create the patterns ... in relation to the time it actually took to create the prototypes.

I have completed 20 pieces since the frenzy began ... and am willing to part with each of them ... for a price ... (well I guess that'd actually be 18 after I subtract the two prizes!)

I realize that I am asking all of this "sight unseen" ... but trust me when I tell you ... these will simply "drop your jaw". They are something you have just not seen before!

So ... leave me your comment to get in on the draw ... and ... Good Luck!

PS ... I forgot to add ... I'll draw the names on our 20th wedding anniversary ... February 10th!

10 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi, it's good to see your blog again. I've only just started beading, but I'm finding it fascinating. I would love to win one of your finished pieces, in case I never manage to produce anything 'showable' myself lol.
Thank you for your generous offer, and good luck to all who enter. Blessings

Ann Flowers said...

Your nephew is so cute. Soft cute and cuddly.

I think for me buying them would be nice!

Please put me in for your drawing:)


Thanks,

Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

GailM. said...

Happy Blogiversary!! I would love to participate in your draw. I do love making my own little projects and would love the pattern. But I wouldn't turn down a little one of your works of art either. So either would be good for me. You know, I am pretty lucky at these things.

Aren't babies wonderful.

Linda H said...

Welcome back Marie! I've missed you! I think I would prefer a pattern myself. Of course once I see these beauties, I may want to purchase one right away as well!! Can't wait to see them! Please count me in on your draw! And that new nephew is a real cutie pie... Happy Blogiversary!
Linda H

Debbie said...

Beautiful little nephew, Marie! Congratulations on your second blogiversary and Happy Anniversary to you and your DH! I think you should offer both. There are those that like to have patterns to make their own things and there are who like the finished product to use right away. I am proud to own a small piece of beading that you made!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

oooh...a baby! How cute is that...congratulations. AND...congrats on your blogiversary AND most importantly to you & Paul on your personal landmark.
As for your question...I think there's a place for both ways (hows that for sitting on the fence?).

FredaB said...

Your new nephew is really adorable. He does look wise - like he knows what is going on.

I would probably just buy one Marie because with all god intentions I never get everything made. I used to not buy and say I can do that but then never did so now I just buy.

Even if I don't win I can hardly wait to see what you have been up to. By the way I have a niece who lives in Ajax. Small world.

Hugs

FredaB

black bear cabin said...

Congrats on two years blogging!!! and what an adorable nephew :) Babies help to remind us of the beautiful things in this world...especially when things are dark.
As for your latest creation...i am totally intrigued (please add me to the drawing)
As for my opinion about which to offer....i say do both :) Many folks like to make their own things, but some prefer to purchase the lovely handy work of someone else...so why not do both (especially since you already have some made up) :) Cant wait to see them!!!!

Gerry said...

I believe you're right. He does look wise. How can that be, in one just beginning life. Hmmm . . . . .
Love beading. It becomes an obsession. Look out ! !
Congrats on your wedding anniversary and your blogaversary

Gwen Buchanan said...

Hi Marie, I am so sorry for your the loss of dear loved ones ... Life is altogether too short ...

This pic of your new nephew is sweet.. just darling ..give him lots of hugs!!

Happy Blogiversary!!

Blog Archive