Saturday, November 20, 2010

Milestones ... and Draws!

As I logged on to Blogger today ... I noticed that I'm getting very close to my 300th post!

This one is in fact 297 ... wow who woulda thunk it?!! I'm sure there would have been more if I hadn't been hit with hardware problems earlier this year ... kinda put a cramp in my ability to post things I would have liked ... especially with the pics ... as it left me without my scanner too.

Melanie did help out with some pics ... but if you have teenagers ... you know how difficult it can be to pin them down & get them to help! One of these days I'm just going to have to get a camera and really learn how to use it ... that would be problem solved!

But I digress.

Post # 300 will be a " And The Winners Are ... " !

And ... coincidentally ... Linda H of Stitch Lines (who was the winner of the past 2 BD Draws) is also close to this same milestone and having a draw of her own!

I always check out her posts when I find myself on Blogger ... she is a very talented gal ... and her posts are always entertaining and informative!

So I guess it's time I actually become one of her faithful followers ... which will also get me more shots at her prizes!

Speaking of which ... it has always boggled my mind as to why I have so few?!!! I've never really pushed for followers ... as it's a personal choice to be one I feel ... but to those of you who do read often ... I'm going to follow Linda's lead ... and offer rewards to those who let me know that you're out there ... and enjoy reading my blog! Let me know that I'm not "talking to myself"!

Today I'm going to add the Followers gadget in my side bar ... my initial list of followers will automatically have their names put in 3 times to the infamous "Lucky Tin" ... and if they post a comment here too ... they'll get in 3 more times!

New Followers ... will be entered 3 times too ... with one extra entry for a comment post!

All Bloggers who post & link to this draw ... and let me know ... will also get their name in 3 times!

If you don't blog but want to join in ... please make sure to include an e-mail contact in your comment to secure an entry.

Now here's the best part! The prize count will increase exponentially with the number of entries in that Luck Tin!!!

For every 20 ... there'll be one prize! So ... that'll mean ... 100 entries = 5 prizes ... 200 entries = 10 prizes and so on! The sky's the limit!

But wait! ... there's more!

If the entry count hits 300 ... I'll up the prize count from 15 to 20!

So ... get excited ... join up ... join in ... spread the word ... and let's see how much fun we can have ... and how many prizes there will be! Hee Hee Hee!

Linda's draw will be on November 25th ... one month before Christmas!

I will do my drawing from the Lucky Tin on December 1st ... that's only 10 days away!

Big Hugs ... Marie

17 comments:

Linda H said...

Woohooo! Aren't draws fun?? Count me in; I've joined you as a Follower (of course I've been following you from the beginning of my blogging life haha) and I'll add your draw on my next blog post- tonight or tomorrow... Can't believe we're both at the same point- 300 posts!! Does that make us blogging sisters??

Marie Alton said...

Wow ... our comments must have crossed paths in cyber-space!

I just finished typing mine ... and I got back here to find you following & commenting!

Blogging sisters we are!

Hugs ... Marie

crazyqsis said...

I have your blog on my reader now Im a follower too. What a nice thing to do with the draws good idea.
Melisa B
melbakos@shaw.ca

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I've been following you since the beginning, but I guess it wasn't officially. Now I'm 'official'!! Congrats on the 300 posts, btw.

Lesley said...

Good morning. I look at your blog every day, but couldn't remember if I'd joined as a follower. I have now, so maybe I'm on your list twice.lol I don't have a blog, but my e-mail is:
technoturt@yahoo.com
Blessings

Debbie said...

Congratulations on almost reaching 300 posts, Marie! I've had you in my google reader for a long time and now added myself as a follower with the gadget. Can't wait to see what you give away.:):) Thanks for counting me in.

Linda H said...

Hello again Marie,
I just added your Giveaway to my last post!! Just sayin'...
Have fun!!

Quilting Queen said...

Linda H told me to come on over and leave a comment...so , here I am...I think I will check you out and see why she is so excited...

Marie Alton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marie Alton said...

Hey All!

So ... over 40 name entries in so far ...2 prizes up for grabs ... keep it goin"!

Hugs ... Marie

Becky said...

I am brand new follower. I read about your blog from Stitch Lines.

Becky said...

Fun discovering your blog. Hope that you will visit my blog, too. TAke care!

arlene said...

One more for your #s.....Linda headed me in your direction....good luck

arlene

Lori said...

I am a new follower. I read about your blog from Stitch Lines.

Marie Alton said...

Update ... 60 entries now ...
so 3 prizes are up for grabs!

This is so muc fun!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Hi. I'm one of your new followers. I came over from MA's Magpie Mumblings. Your snowflakes are awesome. Take care, Connie

Beabee said...

Found you through Magpie's Mumblings blog and just had a look at your snowflakes - gorgeous!

Blog Archive