Friday, December 17, 2010

One More Week Till Christmas & TGIF !

I'm sooo glad it's Friday ... and that I don't have to work this weekend!

Business has been brisk ... and sales have been better than we expected ... it's nice to have to call in more help than to send people home!

But all this busy is hard on a body ... and I'm looking forward to getting time this weekend to get ready for the big day!

Sweater update ... I'm moving right along ... the back section is done ... just need to finish the front top sections and 1.25 sleeves ... so it might even be finished in time to be opened and wearable Christmas morning (she said with fingers crossed!)

Beyond Christmas ... there is one more important event that I'm focusing on.

My Mom turns 85 this year ... and my sis has been planning a surprise birthday party for her!

Mom's actual BD is Dec. 30th ... but my sis Nadine is planning the surprise for Boxing Day. Mom thinks it will be a Christmas Open House ... but won't she be surprised when everyone shows up for a BD party!

Nadine & her DH do graphic work for web sites ... and I want to share the invite she created for this ... as it is so beautifully done ... capturing so many memories over her lifetime!

Well ... am off to get more knitting done!

Will check in again soon!

2 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

You are a busy one.. Good to see you.. and my mom 's birthday is close to Christmas too, on the 27th..

Don't work too hard but thoroughly enjoy your knitting labor of love ... I have to knit something too but I haven't decided what yet.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Marie Alton said...

Hi Gwen ... nice to see a note from you!

How did your Fredericton show go?

Was thinking it would have been a great chance for you & Linda H to meet ... but not sure if she made it there or not.

Busy ... yes but am enjoying it ... hoping I will finish in time ... but it'll be close ... or not finished ... time will tell!

A very Merry Christmas to you too!

Blog Archive