Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Snowstorm Is Over ... I Think

125 ... yup that seems to be where the storm of ideas ended ... so I'm on to other things now ... like working on a knitted bolero that I hope to finish for my DD for Christmas!

I started one sleeve & took it to work ... spending part of my dinner hours knitting it ... so have 2/3 of it done ... and last weekend got going on the body which is now over 1/3 done.

It'll be close ... or not finished ... maybe I'll have to cut myself some slack ... and just give her one sleeve ... which would actually be kinda funny ... then get it finished and give her the whole thing when it's done!

With all the seasonal stress ... my immune system has been weakened and I wound up with a nasty cold bug that settled mostly in my chest ... hacking & coughing ... but it seems to be clearing up now ... since I've bombarded it with big doses of Vitamin C daily.

Ohhh ... we finally got our first snowfall of the year! A whole 5" ... just enough to make everything white ... and driving miserable.

You cannot imagine how even that much snow generates buying of weather-related stuff ... washer fluid ... wiper blades ... snow brushes ... batteries... salt/ice melter ... shovels ... snow blowers ... tires! Had to call in back-up staff to keep up with the demand ... not complaining though ... as it's good for business!

So ... with two weeks to go till Christmas Eve ... I finally got some gifts and a bunch of stocking stuffers bought this week. Next weekend we'll get our tree & decorate.

How are your Christmas plans coming along?

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I just returned from Christmas in the Lake District (UK), to find your wonderful giveaway prize. I am really thrilled with it, and will treasure it. Thank you so much. Blessings

Marie Alton said...

Hi Lesley ... I'm so glad that it arrived safely & that you are so happy with it!

All the best to you for 2011!

Hugs ... Marie

Blog Archive