Sunday, March 13, 2011

Today Felt Very Spring-like! ... Here Anyway!

While it seems to be taking a long time to get here ... today definitely felt like a spring kinda day!

Started off with a bit of sun then clouds ... and a few fluuries ... but spring really is like fall in reverse ... so this is pretty typical for the time of year.

Yesterday I heard a very definitive sign that spring is very near ... laughing robins!

Yay ... they're back ... that made my heart sing! These guys are the first sure sign of the seasonal change!

And the whole "spring ahead" thing has happened ... so more light later in the day will be something to look forward to!

Another sure sign of spring (while pretty specific to our household) ... DH went to inspect the boat this morning ... to see how it fared over the winter! I'm sure he's looking forward to getting it in the water for some fishing ... though that won't be for a couple of months yet.

Spring Break is this week too ... for some. My break will be next month ... as I usually take a brief reprieve before the Garden Centre season begins.

Have you noticed how late Easter is this year??? Almost the end of April! Hopefully by then everyone won't have to wear coats over their Easter finery! That's something to look forward to ... for us anyway.

While we look forward to spring ... I simply can't help feeling a sense of dispair for the desperate situation that Japan has had to face recently.

When the awesome powers of nature are unleashed ... as was evident there ... one cannot help but feel compassion for those who have been devistated by the whole event. The video footage that I've seen of the quake & the tsunami aftermath seems so surreal ... that it's hard to fathom the reality of it. But reality it is ... captured live on video ... in all it's horrific visual footage.

How overwhelming a 30 foot wall of water must be!? When huge ships are tossed about like toys & smashed into bridges ... it's hard to imagine ... but so driven home by the actual footage.

I pray for them ... and for us all ... as this is just one incident of forboding that makes us realize how fragile our blue planet really is ... and my greatestest fear is that the whole end of this planet will happen as the Mayans forecast ... in 2012.

I'm usually an optimist ... I really hope that they were wrong on this ... but ... it is out of our control ...things will happen as they may.

I think I've mentioned before that I'm a fan of a band called Linkin Park.

Melanie got me their current album for Christmas ... and it is very thought-provoking.

The album is titled "A Thousand Suns".

One of my favourite tracks (lyrically) addresses the whole " end of the world" issue:

"God Bless us everyone
We're a broken people living
On a loaded gun.
And it can't be outfought
It can't be outrun
It can't be outmatched
It cant't be outdone.
No-o
And when I close my eyes at night
To images of dieing light
Far from the world of you and I
Where oceans bleed into the sky!"

Prophetic? Apocolyptic?

Hoping we have more time than this prophecy affords us.

I don't mean to be all gloom & doom ...but hey ... it could happen!

God bless us everyone!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Marie, I'm a Pagan, so everything that happens on or to our planet, has meaning to me. I believe that in 2012, our current way of life will end, but there will be a more simple and spiritual way of living. We could certainly do with it. Just as long as there is still CQ, (and cats) I'll be very happy. Blessings from the UK

Marie Alton said...

Hi Lesley ... I hope that will be the way things happen. It' be great to live more simply ... and enjoy what we have & love ... like cats & CQ for sure ... but what will be the cost & loss to this end?

I'm sure I could drive myself crazy worrying about it ... but I suppose that if one takes life as it comes ... and enjoy each day we're given ... there will be no regrets ... regardless of what may happen. What will be ... will be.

Blessings back atcha!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I think all we can do is live each day as it comes and hope for the best. I believe there is something on the way and it will remain to be seen how/when it affects us.

Marie Alton said...

Hi MA ... I'm certain that's all we can do ... it's a big "wait & see" issue.

While I don't recall the origin of this wise snippet ... it pretty much sums things up:

God grant me the ability to change what I can ... to accept that which I cannot ... and the wisdom to know the difference!

We also need to remember to count our blessings ... and be happy for the here & now ... as we are fortunate to be safe and carefree ... compared to the tragedy of others in this world.

Blog Archive