Saturday, March 26, 2011

Where To Start?

OMG two posts in one day ... but that's what happens when one gets inspired!

I'm happy to say that I've spent the last several hours stitching away ... it was difficult at first trying to decide where to begin.

I definitely decided on the bottom left corner.  That little patch with flowers seemed to call to me.

So ... decided to embellish what was already there.  I enhanced the stems with backstitching ... then whip-stitched over that for more definition.  Next I added to the tiny blue floral pattern ... using single-wrapped French Knots with Vikki Clayton's #12 Silk Pearl in Alpine/Lavender.  Ohhh this thread is so lovely to work with!

In the bottom centre I've added a spray of French Knot Roses ... also Vikki's stuff ... it's called OMG Red 1149 in 4mm ribbon.  So far I've added the stems with her silk floss (Imperial Green 3331) ... and next will be the leaves ... also in silk ribbon (YLI 72 - 4mm).

I'm taking this a seam or patch at a time.  I find that I work best if I focus on what calls to me at the moment.

I'll scan & add the visuals tomorrow.

I'm feeling confident that this block is gonna be so awesome!

2 comments:

MosaicMagpie said...

The embellishments sound wonderful. I can't wait to see what you have done.
Deb

Pat Winter said...

No doubt the block will be awesome. Its great to hear such excitement from doing what you love.
Yeah!!!
Hugs,Pat

Blog Archive