Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers' Day To All You Moms!

Hope all you Moms got pampered today ... you deserve it!

It dawned on me that this is my 20th Mothers' Day ... wow!  Where does the time go?  But for my Mom  ... it's her 59th!  I'm so glad I still have her with me!

My dear children found me a replacement bottle of my fave perfume ... that escaped from my purse & smashed on the ground (half full no less!) ... a box of decadent fudge in various flavours ... & DH got me a lovely bottle of Chardonnay ... that went very well with my Clam Alfredo for dinner!

For my dear neice Amy ... it is her 1st ... and though I haven't been able to connect with her yet .. I hope she is enjoying it!  The twins are just over eight months now ...getting mobile ... teething ... and all the other fun stuff that comes with those infant stages ... stuff I am glad is long gone!  It's lovely when your children are self-suffiecient ... have jobs ... & help pay the rent!

I am working on a special gift for her (which I'd hoped to have completed & delivered to her today ... but it is still in the works ... so maybe by Wednesday ... my day off I'll be able to get it to her).  Will share pics after she receives it.  For now ... suffice it to say ... it's a Twins frame.

Amy lost her Mom to cancer in 2001 ... my project incorporates fabric from the dress her Mom wore as my Matron - of - Honor.  Blue satin ... and Brenda certainly was the Devil With the  Blue Dress On!
I miss her every day ... she was a kindred spirit ... an awesome Mom and was taken far too young.

As I was working away on the frames ... my thoughts turned to my first Mothers' Day ... it was quite an event!

Tim was barely 6 months old ... and I decided to go visit my  Mom for the day.  On the way home ... I had car trouble ... on the 401 ( Toronto area residents can appreciate this ... it's one of the main arteries for traffic through the city).  I was in the left centre lane of a six-lane highway when the engine started acting strange ... had to move over three lanes through heavy traffic to get to the shoulder before it all-out died!  I was nearing panic at this point ... this is not where you wanna be ...  ever ... let alone with a 6-month old in the back seat!  He had been peacefully asleep until we stopped ... then woke up hungry & began to cry.

Ya ... just what I needed at that moment ...a crying hungry child ... while I was in tears having my own little panic attack!

I had planned to be home by then to feed him ... but a Mom's gotta do what a Mom's gotta do ... so I climbed into the back seat .. got him out of the car seat & whipped out the boob! ... all the time praying that (A) I wouldn't  get rear-ended or that (B) help wouldn't arrive while we were nursing ...with me still crying my eyes out!

Somehow we got home ... don't even remember how (but I think it was by tow-truck).

So ... got any great Mothers' Day memories to share?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

So sorry about your perfume....especially on Mother's day. Hope you were able to deliver your gift today. It certainly is a gift made out of love and surely to bring tears and happiness. Oh what a memorable first Mother's day for you. Glad it had a good ending!

Blog Archive