Monday, May 23, 2011

It's Been A Looonnnggg Weekend!

May 24 weekend ... also known as Victoria Day ... when those with cottages typically get their summer abodes open ... and those of us without cottages typically get their gardens planted.

This year proved to be quite a challenge ... Forget-me-nots just took over my small backyard ... and as much as I hated to do it ... I had to hack a bunch of them down ... just  to gain ground!

There is still a 2 foot deep border of them around the garden  but they'll have to come down before they go to seed ... or I'll have the same blue backyard  next year!

I have reclaimed the area that has been reserved for tomatoes ... and  planted some annuals that will be the focus of my summer colour ... it was definitely a labour of love ... but worth every second spent !

1 comment:

Gwen Buchanan said...

yes indeed a tough choice... tomatoes or forget me nots.. A little of both is should work!!

Blog Archive