Monday, August 29, 2011

Meet Jasmine!



Kids can surprise you ... okay that is putting it mildly ... they can make you shake your head and wonder sometimes when they decide they want something ... unusual!

This is Jasmine ... Melanie's new pet.  She is a Yellow Belly Ball Python.
We picked her up yesterday & she's now getting aquainted with her new environment.

I suppose it's the lesser of two evils ... because before this she was contemplating spending her hard-earned money on an elaborate tattoo ... in the wake of several peircings (ears, nose & belly button).

In general Mel is a good kid ... I've never had to fish her out of a police station ... or worse had her brought to the door by same (for all the neighbours to see) ... so indulge her whimsical notions.

As far as pets go ... this baby is rather economical ... she only feeds about once a week ... yup one frozen mouse will do her ... and they cost about $2.00 each.

The cats don't know what to make of this new creature ... Kota doesn't seem to care for it at all!
He used to enjoy watching the fish swimming around in the tank ... but they're gone now and this thing is just ... welll ...not a fish.  After their first encounter ... he ran from the room muttering!
We'll see what the long term brings.

I personally have not gotten up enough courage to hold her ... but in time I may ... maybe.
It's not that I don't want to ... it's just uncharted territory for me too ... at the moment!



3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

oooooh - I love her!!!! RJ had a snake (Rosie) and I loved playing with her. He came home from work one day and the heater in the cage had malfunctioned and she was gone. He was upset but I think I was moreso! Don't be afraid to hold her - they're not slimy and icky like we're led to believe.

kerrykatiecakeskeb43 said...

Well, I think the new pet is beautiful. There is something very elegant about snakes! Be sure to thaw the mice under warm water...

black bear cabin said...

he's actually kind of cute...but im not a big fan of pet snakes either :) Your a cool mom!

Blog Archive