Saturday, October 1, 2011

And ... The Winner Is ...!

Well ... even though I did have to work today ... Tim did treat to dinner tonight and we had a great time!

Melanie couldn't make it ... as she was part of her company's booth staff at the "Baking & Sweets" show at the International Centre this weekend ... and Dad was swamped at work shipping out three tractor-trailors of products to meet a deadline for one major client ... so my sis Cathy & neice Becca, Tim & I had a lovely time regardless!  Irish Nachos (potato cross-cut fries topped with traditional Nacho fixin's) and deep-fried Mozzarella Sticks started us off with cocktails ... then Wings in Forty Creek sauce with a side Caesar salad for me ... Honey Garlic for Cathy & Becca ... while Tim opted for Hot.  No ribs on the menu ... poo!  But really good wings ... so we did totally enjoy!

Tim's boss John treated me to a birthday dessert ... OMG ... a huge scoop of French Vanilla Ice Cream drizzled with caramel & chocolate sauce, with a warm Chocolate Fudge Brownie in the centre ... and a mound of fresh whipped cream on the side to boot!  It came with one solitary candle ... and a rousing chorus of  "Happy Birthday" from the staff & guests!

All in all ... just lovely!  Good food ... good fun ... good memories!

So now  ... without further ado & as promised ... the name of the winner ... that one name drawn from the infamous Lucky Tin is ...

Lisa Jo ... from Black Bear Cabin!

Congrats to you my dear!  I'll need you to e-mail me your snail address so I can forward your prize!

Thank you all for your BD good wishes ... much appreciated!  Hugs to you everyone!

Marie ... aka ... the BD Girl!

3 comments:

Linda H said...

Happy, HAPPY Birthday Marie!!

Marie Alton said...

Thanks Linda ... I had a fun day!

Hugs ... Marie

black bear cabin said...

oops...thanks for the heads up...i worked all weekend and missed this post! but now that ive seen it....hurray hurray hurray :) its a happy birthday to you and a happy prize day for me! address being sent to you now, and thanks again! yeah!

Blog Archive