Saturday, December 24, 2011

And So This is Christmas .....

The retail madness finally over ... I can finally begin to enjoy & anticipate Christmas!

While I did have to work today ... I actually had a really great day ... many regular long-time customers made a point of chatting with me after their purchases ... to wish me Merry Christmas ... and several actually thanked me for my great service to them this year!  That was special!  And ... yesterday Diane Matheson stopped in to say Hi & Merry Christmas in person ... so that was lovely too!

This week was a sad one for two more staff members.  One of my cash staff received news that her father passed away out in Nova Scotia.  He had been ill for some time ... and while she is relieved his pain is over ... it doesn't make his loss any less painful.

My friend & co-worker Paula lost her Mom ... and my heart goes out to her ... certainly a difficult time to have this happen ... another curve ball in life ... death's timing sucks.

My SIL Kristine is awaiting bad news soon too ... her brother Jamie is in critical care right now fighting cancer ... his time is very short ... he only has days left ... heavily medicated for the pain ... which is all the medical staff can do for him.

And so this is Christmas ... not the best one ... but the burden of the living is to carry on ... in spite.

Some of you have shared memories of similar losses at this time of year ... so you know the pain & sadness first hand.

Despite the adversity ... I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas ... and All the Best in 2012!

Peace ... Love  & Joy to you & yours!  Cherish those who are special to you ... remember those you miss ... for they will be with you in spirit!

Love & Big Hugs ... Marie

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Well written, Marie...reminds us that we should stop and think a bit about the ones who aren't with us on such a special day. I hope you and your family have a very happy Christmas.

Linda H said...

And a very Merry Christmas to you too Marie...

Gwen Buchanan said...

Peace of the season to you Marie. All the best.

Blog Archive