Sunday, December 25, 2011

My Favourite Christmas Carol ... Carol of the Bells

Hark! how the bells
Sweet silver bells
All seem to say,
"Throw cares away."
Christmas is here
Bringing good cheer
To young and old
Meek and the bold

Ding, dong, ding, dong
That is their song
With joyful ring
All caroling
One seems to hear
Words of good cheer
From ev'rywhere
Filling the air

Oh how they pound,
Raising the sound,
O'er hill and dale,
Telling their tale,
Gaily they ring
While people sing
Songs of good cheer
Christmas is here
Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas
Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas

On, on they send
On without end
Their joyful tone
To ev'ry home

Ding, dong, ding, dong.

Hark! how the bells
Sweet silver bells
All seem to say,
"Throw cares away."

Many years ago ... in my days of youth ... I was part of our church's Christmas troup that went caroling to our parish members  homes.  It was total fun to entertain ... singing from the heart all of the wonderful music that is part of Christmas.  This one is my all-time fave songs... and while I cannot authenticate this as fact ... my sis Cathy believes that it actually was Ukrainian in origin ... and yes we did sing it in Ukrainian ... and it was lovely. 

We were reminiscing those days tonight as she & family joined us for our traditional Christmas Eve buffet gathering ... we opened a few small gifts ... and shared some Christmas spirit(s).

So I'm curious to know ... what is your Number One Favourite Christmas song ?

3 comments:

Denise said...

That is my favorite Christmas carol, as well.

Marie Alton said...

Hi Denise ... Merry Christmas!

After posting ... I was able to confirm that it is Ukrainian in origin.

Hugs ... Marie

black bear cabin said...

My number one favorite...
The Christmas Song...preferably sung by Nat King Cole :)

Merry Christmas!

Blog Archive