Thursday, December 29, 2011

R.I.P. ... Mr G.

When I arrived at work today  ... I was surprised to see lines six-deep of shoppers waiting at the checkouts ... but not surprising in light of the fact that we have had actual winter weather ... a few cms of snow followed by rain ... and to top it off ... sub-zero temps that froze it all. 

I swear that almost everyone had salt in their carts ... which contributed to the line of carts.

In the midst of it all I was stunned to be informed of the saddest news ... in spite of our hopes and prayers ... Mr. G succumed to his illness ... and lost  battle on Dec. 23rd.

The staff was not informed right away ... the family decided to wait until after Christmas to  ... hoping to spare us the extra burden of pain that they were dealing with.

But tomorrow is his funeral ...and we will be there for our family.

I will pay my last respects and attend the funeral service of this wonderful man who didn't make it through.  I am truly sad for his loss ... but sadder still for those he has left behind.

2 comments:

Pat Winter said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, Mr. G. It sounds like he left behind a caring group of friends. My condolences dear friend.
Gentle hugs,Pat

Marie Alton said...

Thanks Pat ... I appreciate the hugs.

Life isn't always fair & death comes too soon for some ... I was praying he would be able to beat this foe ... and enjoy some of those golden years.

Alas ... the cancer won out ... and denied any of that ... but as the minister reminded in the service today ... he was one of those people who lived each day to the fullest ... and enjoyed what he had while he could.

His memory will live on ... his caring & giving nature meant so much to so many over the years.

His place in Heaven was surely "Reserved".

Way to go ... Mr. G!

Blog Archive