Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Heart for Betty ... & ... Hearts for Betty - Phase 2 !


I meant to post this some time ago ... but Valentines Day seemed appropriate ... especially with what I have planned to share today!

This is my heart ornament created for "Hearts for Betty" organized by Cheryl Anderson.

Initially I was going to make a "puffy" one ... but somewhere along the line ... plans changed ... and I mounted them on artboard forms & glued them together ... then added a ribbon hanger loop & trimmed the edge with ribbon too.

I was very happy with the completed piece ... and glad to have been part of the group of stitchers sending their heart-felt messages to Betty ... after her ordeal with back-to-back Hurricanes Irene & Lee.  But as I was creating this heart ... it occured to me ... that while all of our efforts would be loved & cherished by her ... it would take some financial support to really help ...funds she could put toward rebuilding & replanting those gardens that were devistated.

That one small heart that I added at the bottom ... gave me a big idea!

And ... today I'm launching ... "Hearts for Betty - Phase 2"!

So far ... I've created 125 bead & wire hearts ... some are Floating Heart Pendants & some are CQ Embellishments ... all are offered in exchange for donations ... all net proceeds will go to Betty to aid in her rebuilding efforts this spring!

Click on the link above ... as I've set up a new Blog site just for this event!

To claim your heart(s) ... simply be the first to post a COMMENT on the post for that piece ... then forward your donation via PayPal to sredeluxe@rogers.com  ... please include the numbers of all pieces you are requesting ... and I'll send them on their way!
(If you prefer ... you could send me an International Money Order in USD from US & other countries ...  CDND within Canada... just e-mail me at the same address for snail address.)

At the conclusion of this event ... there will be a GRAND PRIZE DRAW!  I'm creating several special things just for this!

Each heart you claim gains you one entry ... and Betty will have the honour of selecting random numbers (not the numbers of each item ... but numbers allocated by purchase.)

My heart-felt thanks in advance for your support!

Love & Big Hugs ... and Happy Valentines Day to everyone!
Marie

No comments:

Blog Archive