Sunday, February 26, 2012

OMG ... Soooo Good!

I love mayonaisse ... yup ... the good ol' fashion kind ... Hellman's specifically!

I love it on Tomato & Cucumber Sandwiches ... and perfect in Egg Salad ... and  Coleslaw ... but recently I was intrigued by a recipe they shared in an advertisement for Parmesan Crusted Chicken ... and tonight I finally gave it a try.

No Frills had Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (frozen) on special for a mere $2/lb ... one package of three huge breasts was less than $5!  How could I resist?

And how simple is this?  1/2 cup mayo ... 1/4 cup Parmesan ... mixed together ... spread it on the chicken ... top with seasoned bread crumbs ... then bake at 425F for 20 mins.

Mmmmm ... it was sooo awesome!  Paired it with some Chicken Rice-a-Roni ... didn't even bother with veggies ... but oh well ... my tummy is so happy now!  I'll do salad tomorrow!

Maybe ... or maybe I'll just have leftovers!

Doc tells me my cholesteral is fine ... so it's okay to indulge in decandence every once in a while!

Tonight ... I'm really glad I did ... 'cause it was sooo good!

Hugs ... Marie

5 comments:

kerrykatiecakeskeb43 said...

Going to have to try this one Marie! I have an undying love for mayo too - not salad dressing - mayo and, yes, I can taste the difference! Like butter and margarine - not the same at all. Thank you for the recipe!

piney cq said...

Sounds yummy!! I'll have to give it whirl! :) There's always olive oil mayo! VBG

Marie Alton said...

Hi Kerrie ... Oh yes ... you really do have to try this one! Even Miracle Whip (aka salad-type dressing) wouldn't cut it for this. Exactly ... just like the diff between butter & margarine...it just is not the same.

Hi Leslie ... I'm tellin' ya ... it is divine. Haven't tried the olive oil mayo ... but with Parmesan ... it well may be a viable substitute! I just know how awesome it was with the regular!

DH is a grill junkie ... and he loved it ... not to mention how shocked he was when I told him how I made it.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

We make that recipe quite often - only I have to have my Miracle Whip. I know, I know - it's not as good as the 'real' thing!!

Marie Alton said...

Hi MA!
I don't mean to seem snobbish ... excluding Miracle Whip from the ingredients list ... if you've made it with same .. & like it with same ... good!

I just know how it tasted with real mayo ... and that it was simply wonderful!

Hugs ... Marie

Blog Archive