Thursday, March 15, 2012

Is It Spring Yet?

I have learned over the years to trust things natural  ... like the habits of creatures who typically arrive when it is spring ... or close enough to spring for them to have returned.

Robins are one of these creatures!  I know spring is close when they are back ... and I saw them last Friday ... but didn't hear them till Sunday ... that unmistakeable "laugh" of theirs!

Monday morning I saw a bunch of them!  Yay!  They seem to instinctively know when the time is right ... they rely on the warmer temps for their food source availability... namely worms ... to be available ... and I'm sure they were able to dine handsomely with our recent double-digit temps.

I'm still not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing ... one has to wonder if the lack of winter precipitation will result in more spring/summer wetness ... and I suppose only time will  tell.

The whole "global warming" thing cannot be ignored here ... for it seems this weather may be the result of what we are experiencing now.

Life goes on  ... but how is a different matter.

Hmmm ... Marie

No comments:

Blog Archive