Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Latest Additions to WIP


Yes we're moving right along now ... added some LD bullion-tip florettes at the bottom (using Ribbon Floss) with a Cast-on stitch base finished with a colonial knot ...stems were chain-stitched then whip-stitched ... and leaves are also LDBT(Lazy Daisy Bullion Tip) with a few straight stitches to fill in.

I've also been playing with some new ideas for beaded edgings ... one of which I added on the upper right.  It's reminiscent of lace ... formed on wire ... and couched in place.  Much easier to get concise spacing than to try stitching it with thread!

Only a couple more seams to go!  Woohoo!

Must run ... time to get ready for my day job!

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Very pretty! I really like your beaded seam - good idea to do it on wire.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Marie, you do such intricate, detailed work... you must be the detail person in any groups/work that you take part in.
and I notice the care you take in creating too. I'm sure these are important parts of your personality.. keep it up.. many people must look up to you!

Marie Alton said...

Hi MA ... it's so simple ... and it works so well. I enjoy that aspect.

Gwen ... Hi ... Intricate & detailed ... I suppose that's what it boils down to ... when all is said & done ... but for me it's just part of an artistic exploration ... much like you do ... just in a different medium.

Beads fascinate me constantly ... for how they perform in a specific application ... and how one subtle variance can change the look & feel of the end result. It's all fun...and keeps me exploring.

Hugs ... Marie

Blog Archive