Monday, December 31, 2012

Another One Bites The Dust!

But not us!  Seems the Mayans didn't quite get it right ... so we will carry on as we always have ... ringing in the New Year ... and hoping for better days ahead!

I personally am not in the habit of making resolutions per se ... I prefer to make a list of things I'd like to accomplish ... but won't be disappointed if it doesn't all get done.  I'm just not that hard on myself!

So ... things I'd like to do this new year ... declutter is at the top of the list!

I've accumulated so much crap over the years ... that I think it is time to get it gone ... so much stuff I've saved ... thinking it'd be useful ... but just never find the time or energy to use!

Next ... manage my time ... better.  I may have to forgive things that tend to suck up hours ... mindless pursuits that draw me into a black hole ... and distract me from things that I should do ... or at least minimize this time by setting strict limits.

Okay ... so I'm a Scrabble junkie ... have been since I first played the game with my Mom ... and then with my BFF Sue ... but it's crazy how one can get so caught up in it on-line!

However ... there's this new game that is similar ... but different ... called "Words With Friends" that is equally addictive ... I find myself flipping back & forth to see who has played ... and to play new games!

So ... I didn't do dishes ... or vacuum ... or clean the cobwebs & dust!  It will still be there tomorrow ... right?  Yaaa ... but!  More games show up then ... and more time gets eaten up!  Sheesh!

I would also like to devote more time to creative things ... this past year it has kinda fallen by the wayside ... so more focus is required.  Shut off the box & pick up my needle ... stitch ... dammit!

Welll ... we shall see how it goes ... and hopefully this time next year some progress will have been made!

Wishing each & every one of you  ... All the Best for the New Year!!!

May 2013 bring you health & happiness!

Big Hugs ... Marie

No comments: