Monday, October 14, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canucks ... hope you enjoy the bounty of the season with those you love ... and be thankful for all that is good in your life!

Yes   ....  I know ... I've been absent again for months ... have had to focus on my health ... been through a barrage of tests  ... to try & discover the cause of my persistent intestinal distress.

Without going into too much detail ... suffice it to say that things just aren't working normally.

The day after my birthday ... had a double "scope" ... upper & lower ... colon is fine ... but stomach is producing more acid than normal ... probably stress-related ... so hoping the prescribed treatment will help.

Guess you could say that I didn't time things very well ... my BD "dinner" consisted of this nasty stuff called Bi-Peglyte ... it's a system cleansing preparation ... had to suck back two whole litres of it ... one glass every ten minutes!  UGGGHHH.  Yup ... it was a pretty shi**y BD!

Totally fogged my traditional giveaway ... spent the day creating yet another card for a young lady who has been my anchoring counterpart for the better part of six years!  She recently graduated from college ... and now wishes to persue a position in her field.

They grow up ... they move on!  I train more!  But ... lately that has been a challenge too ... two I had been training also got full-time positions elsewhere ... and there's not many left to choose from!

The next couple of months will be a challenge ... just need to make it past Christmas ... and will have a bit of breathing room afterward.

Speaking of challenges ... I have to say I am not impressed with the new changes on Blogger!  That stupid "survey" thing pops up with rediculous frequency ... and annoying!  Send Feedback ... my next stop!

Love & Hugs to All ... Marie

2 comments:

Linda H said...

Sorry to hear you've been having health challenges Marie. Hope things settle down soon. Happy Thanksgiving!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

So sorry you've been feeling peckish...hopefully things get righted around sooner than later. Definitely a crappy way to spend your birthday! Hopefully you were able to imbibe in lots of Thanksgiving turkey to make up for it. Take care of you!!

Blog Archive