Tuesday, May 20, 2014

OMG...Has it Been THAT Long???

Hi kids ... did ya miss me?

Seems like just yesterday I was wishing you all a Happy New Year ... and now it's May!

I had some computer issues for a while ... my entire log in thing just dissappeared one day, and had to get DH to work his magic to get me going again.  Lost all my faves that normally pop up on the side bar ... so slowly but surely I've been rebuilding.

Thought it was time for a blog makeover too ... just didn't look right to have awesome fall colours as a background now that it's spring.  Usually I spend time pouring through graphics to set the image..but this time opted for a quick fix.

I haven't done any stitching or beading for quite some time ... which is a shame considering the stash I have amassed ... might do a sell-off of bits on Artfire when I can find some time ...because now I've seemingly fallen back in love with knitting!

This was the first form of stitching where I seriously began designing!

Over the years I made all sorts of things for myself & family ... hats, sweaters, afghans ... all from patterns of my own creation.

I had a fair stash of yarns saved up over the years ... and thought I'd dig them out & whip up some stuff to put up on my studio ... however ... my timing was off.  No point offering hats & mitts & such when it's time to put them away for the season!

But ... at the pace this year is going ... will have them ready for the season ahead.  In the mean time ... creating other things that are not seasonally specific ... to broaden my product base.

Before I decided to go full tilt on creating ... I spent some time checking out what my competition had to offer ... and was somewhat surprised to find that except for one or two individuals ... most of what I saw was mundane & boring ... so ... odds are in my favour!

Knitting to me is all about texture!  I've always been fascinated at how many different effects can be achieved on the base if two stitches.  Granted ... it is very time-consuming ... but it will be what sets me apart ... taking the time to create pieces that will knock their socks off!  I aim at heirloom quality and nothing less.

Will leave you with a wee sampling ... a head band that I recently completed.

Hugs ... Marie



3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Hiya stranger!! Glad you're back up and running again. Didn't know you'd had a whole 'nother career in knitting...will be fun to follow what you create along that line now. Welcome back!!

Linda H said...

Yes Welcome Back! We have missed you! Lovely headband!

Marie Alton said...

Hi MA ...ya I know ... it has been a long time. I'm actually "returning to my roots" so to speak. When I was 20 something ... my best friend Sue opened a trendy shop in Queen West village ... and I created a whole slew of cool stuff that sold very well ... back then it was "Rock Star" stuff ... too bad I didn't take any pics.

Linda ... Hi to you too! Feels good to be sharing again ... I will get Melanie to work her magic with her camera & get me some real shots of these creations ... as the scanner just doesn't quite capture how lovely that yarn is.

Hugs ... Marie

Blog Archive