Saturday, July 12, 2014

Something New?

You know me ... the consumate designer ... never satisfied with doing the "same old same old".

I may start with a basic concept ... then think ... "what if I did this instead of that?"

I've been playing with some ideas in just this manner ... and while I'm not absolutely certain this has never been done before ... I don't recall seeing it in any of my stitch dictionaries.


I worked this on larger needles to show the detail ... 8.00 mms ...  but also tried it on 5.50 mms which gave it a tighter look.  Like Turkish Lace ... the pattern is the same on both right & wrong sides ... but this is even faster in working up! 

*yo, K2 tog tbl* .... and that's it!  I'm calling this Zig Zag Mesh.  the "tbl" translates to "through back loops".  It's easier to work the stitch this way instead of knitting two together in the normal way & I was quite thrilled with how it looked ... the elasticity is lovely ... and boy is it fast!

Still want to experiment with other needle sizes & this stitch ... my 7.00 mms are currently in use on another project ... as are my 6.00 mms ... so will avoid beginning a piece with this for now until I can do that.  That will be my incentive to complete the other two first!

Hugs ...Marie

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

It's amazing what comes out of your fertile mind. This looks like a fun stitch.

Marie Alton said...

Hi MA ... yup ... sometimes it just works out ... this is such fun!

Blog Archive